Google tag manager setup
What are google tags?
The essential tag details for marketers are basically, for how long their site has been visited by the users. How a user reached their website and even what the articles have been added or removed from the shopping cart.
Every tag has a different purpose. For example, a tag can be created to find out how many people have reached on the contact us page and filled the form. With the Google tag manager, the whole process of tagging has become very easy. Once the code is attached to the site, if you want to create another tag anytime, Google tag manager will code it and attach it.
How it works:
1. It eliminates a huge load of coding in every single marketing tag. It permits the developers and IT departments to focus on bigger tasks.
2. As Google tag manager does all the coding, it notably decreases the risk of mistakes.
3. Google tag manager allows the marketing department to have full control over tags that they create and observe.
Google tag manager is without charge, anyone can try it without any risk. Following are the steps to guide how to set up google tag manager:
To set up an account the rules are given below:
1. To create a google tag manager account, one should go to the Google tag manager’s official website and click on the ‘start for free’ option.
2. If you have already an account on Gmail, you will be directly logged into google tag manager. When you log in, it will ask you to fill in some details like account name, country, URL of the website and where will be the google tag used. After filling up the details, click on the ‘create’ button.
3. In the next step, you will be provided with codes and instructions. Then you have to copy the codes and apply them to every page of your site. Then press ‘ok’.
To create a tag instructions are given below:
1. To create a new tag in google task, press the ‘Add a new tag’ option.
2. Then a title should be selected, click on the ‘Tag configuration’ option and select a tag category. There would be a lot of tags displayed there and you have to select one of them.
3. If you desire you can link your tag to google analytics. You have to put the ID under the web property ID box. In the next step choose ‘Track Type’.
4. Then you have chosen a trigger to control when the tag will be recorded. If you choose ‘All Pages’ then you will get the insights of your webpages every time any user views your webpages.
5. When you fill out the information then click on the ‘save’ option.
6. Then click on the ‘submit’ option to activate the tag.
7. Then, at last, a container will appear where you have to add a name and give the description to organize your tags.
8. Make this sure that the tags appear in the ‘version summary’ report.
After all this, you have made your first tag.